Urban Decay De-Slick XL Setting Spray


I have been know to have a shiny face from time to time. Never a good look for me. I notice this most on a busy day – always on the days that you want to apply make-up and have it stay put. Now I’m not a make-up checker, I probably should be but there’s no time for such faffing.  If I’m out and about, by lunchtime my make-up is sliding, or on occasion missing entirely from my chin. This tends to happen regardless of product choice… with very few exceptions.
Enter Urban Decay De Slick XL.
Despite loving make-up I always stand by the age old adage ‘Less is more’.  So I tend to resent adding an extra steps into my morning make-up application – particularly with a lovely baba on my hip trying to steal my mascara wand! But on occasion there is a product that I get excited about and don’t mind adding to the long list of things I have to do to my face to make me look human.
This is one of those products.
Really, it only takes a few seconds to spritz on but it is something else to remember when I’m on the run. I have the new large sized bottle (177ml) which I’m slowly getting through despite daily use.
I’m not usually a fan of finishing sprays. I have purchased quite a few over the years, shocker, but have never really been impressed enough to incorporate them into my make-up routine. This is mainly die to the fact that most of these sprays were designed with hydration in mind, not oil control.
Thoughts?
  • It feels invisible on the skin and there is no residue
  • Bottle will last an eternity
  • It sets immediately – no drying time
  • It doesn’t interfere with your make-up application
  • It keeps the make-up on my chin a few hours longer.
Job done.
I should point out that this is not a spray mattifyer. It’s a setting spray that controls oil so the finish of your foundation should be the same, it will just last longer. I only mention this because a  few of you asked me if the spray gives a matte effect to the skin, it doesn’t on me.
To use the spray you are supposed to  mist De-Slick on in an “X” and “T” formation before applying your makeup, then repeat after your makeup is completed to set it (making sure to shake the bottle before each use). To be honest I just spritz it all over. It’s easy enough to avoid spraying your hair.
How does it work?
Here’s the jargon loaded bit. De-Slick absorbs excess sebum and deflects surface shine with state-of-the-art light dispersing particles. The problem-solving, hypoallergenic formula mists on, feels weightless, and sets makeup so it endures all day. There is a patent pending Temperature Control Technology which actually lowers the temperature of your makeup to hold foundation, eyeshadow, blush and concealer in place. The sprayer, unlike others on the market, delivers a micro-fine mist that distributes product evenly over the skin.
If you’re an oil queen it’s worth a try. I would recommend testing it over your usual foundation at the Urban Decay counter and heading off for a few hours. That way you can see how it works for you before you commit to a purchase. Look at me being all sensible :)
I have a friend testing out Urban Decays other setting spray for normal skin. Will post her review later this week.
Thoughts on setting sprays?
Have a lovely Easter Monday all!
Amy x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search