Jojoba oil – Beauty benefits & uses


My skin has recently been reeping the rewards of Jojaba oil. I add a little to my soaps and my night serum. Since it’s so widely accessible I thought I’d share a little about its benefits and uses. I’m all on for affordable ways to improve  my skin.
What is Jojoba?
Jojoba is a liquid wax obtained from the seeds of a Mexican shrub. Native Americans once used it to heal wounds. Now it’s mainly used for beauty purposes.
The benefits of Jojoba
  • It’s gentle and non-irritating
  • The composition of Jojoba is similar to skins natural sebum so it absorbs quickly leaving no residue
  • Non greasy
  • Prevents the skin from becoming too oily
  • Reduces sebum production which is great for acne sufferers.
  • Very moisturising, improves the skins condition
  • Promotes healing
  • Contains antimicrobial properties which prevent the growth of many bacterias and fungus
  • Allergic reaction is very rare.
  • Doesn’t clog pores
  • Suitable for sensitive skin
  • Acts as an environmental barrier for the skin
  • Contains Vitamin E, B complex, chromium, zinc, iodine and copper
The uses for Jojoba
  • Excellent moisturiser: Makes an excellent non-irritating moisturiser. It doesn’t evaporate like water based moisturisers. Use it alone or add to your own  moisturiser.
  • Anti Acne - reduces sebum production and antibacterial
  • Hair conditioner: use it on its own or mix a few drops of jojoba oil into your conditioner. It can be added to dry hair to make it shiny. Jojoba moisturises the scalp, helping prevent dandruff.
  • Lip Balm: Use at night on the lips
  • Make-up Remover: Doesn’t irritate or clog pores
  • Treatment: For acne,sensitive skin, psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis
  • Shaving: Helps prevent razor burn whilst nourishing the skin
  • Soap: Use a few drops in homemade soap or add a little into a liquid soap
  • Massage oil: Use a small amount, it won’t clog your pores
I picked a bottle of Jojoba from my local Natures Way shop. I recommend a certified organic variety to avoid pesticides.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search