Dr Murad Renewing Facial Review

murad-inc-pomegronate-skin-care
I had a nice Amy Day yesterday. I popped up to Therapie in Malahide for a well needed facial. My skin has dry patches, oily patches and some major large pore issues. Fine lines have also been on my mind. I haven’t tried any of Dr Murad’s products, which has to be some sort of a sin for a beauty blogger.
Dr Murad’s products are results driven cosmetceuticals. The products created contain enough active ingredients to actually work on your skin rather than just claim to. They are also made minus the filler. Is it just me or are a lot of the skincare products we buy mostly filler with a tiny dot of something beneficial but not enough to work. I feel like we’re paying their advertising bill.  I like the Dr Murad is only available in salons. It feels like I’m paying for what I get.
I have been in Therapie on Molesworth Street a handful of times and like it but as soon as I heard they were taking over La Spa in Malahide I was excited. It’s nearby, the space is spa-like and the range of treatments is amazing. Before I continue, no they aren’t paying me :) I’m just a happy customer.
Since I’m pregnant the therapist, Toni, opted for The Reviving Facial.  After analysing my skin the main concerns were dehydration, early signs of aging and occasional breakouts.
La-Spa-Malahide-pic1

The facial
The facial itself involved a cleansing, gentle steam, a Pomegranate Mask,  a light neck, head and shoulder massage and moisturising. The therapist also applied a hydrating eye mask as an extra treat which was amazing. I went in a ball of stress and left chilled to the core.
The results
Since no gycolic acid was being used I wasn’t expecting a huge improvement, something more subtle I thought. Wrong. When the therapist held up the mirror I couldn’t believe how my skin looked. It was plump and fresh, the fine lines on my forehead were not visible anymore and I wasn’t red – I always leave facials red. Best of all my skin felt amazing. I didn’t realise how uncomfortable my skin had felt until it felt right again. I had to stop myself skipping to the car like a ten year old. Now I don’t usually go out without some sort of foundation or tinted moisturiser but I felt confident enough to take myself down to Avoca Cafe in Malahide Park for a spot of a lunch and some Kindle reading. That really says it all.
The products
The products recommended for my skin type were:
  • Refreshing Cleanser – removes makeup and is non-drying. Restores brightness. I need that!
  • Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisturse for eyes – Awakens the eye area. Super-hydrating.
  • Perfecting Day Cream SPF 30 – rich in antioxidants and protects normal to dry skin. Hydrates and refines texture and softens fine lines.
  • Pomegranate Exfoliating Mask – Intensive, balances the skin, dissolves dead skin and blackheads.
I’ll pick these up and let you know how they work out. If they make my skin feel like it does today I’ll be a very happy woman.
I would also like to mention that the staff were really wonderful. Completely professional without being intimidating and Toni really knew her stuff – I picked up quite a few tricks in the time I was in there. The clinic itself has had a makeover and is a serene sanctuary. I don’t think they’ll be able to keep me away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search