DIY Skincare: Scrub for Sensitive Skin


It has been a while since I posted a DIY Skincare piece. I thought I would share the recipe for a scrub I made myself this week.
My skin has been very sensitive and irritated lately, you gotta love hormones, so I need something extra gentle but still effective.
This scrub is very easy to make, polishes the skin but doesn’t strip moisture.
All you need:
  • 4 drops Lavender Essential Oil
  • 1 Tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon almond oil
  • 12g wheatbran
  • 25g ground oats
  • 115ml yoghurt (made from whole milk)
Mix the almond oil, honey and lavender oil in one bowl (not plastic). Then combine oats, bran and yoghurt in another bowl. Add one bowl of ingredients to the other.
Apply to damp skin. Massage well but be gentle, rinse with warm water and pat your skin gently with a towel to dry.
I had some left over so I kept the remaining mixture in a glass jar in the fridge. I used the rest the following day.
My skin is super soft today – no kp breakouts, no tightness and no irritation. I think I’ll make up another batch early next week until my skin has calmed down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search