DIY Skincare: Make Your Own Liquid Soap for your Home & Gifts


Ok so I am cheating a little here to make this easier for you. If you buy an organic Liquid  soap base online (I buy mine on ebay for a couple of euro, it’s called castile soap) then you can add healthy oils and essential oils suitable for your skin type, mood and the season. Even though I make my own organic soap bars they tend to be more suitable for body use so I like to leave a liquid soap beside the skin in the kitchen and bathroom.
I’m very anti-antibacterial products – you can make your own antibacterial soap without harsh chemicals very easily. I also make up batches for family and friends. I enjoy finding unusual bottles and jars for this purpose – I’m all about the pretty :)
My favourite blend to add to liquid soap at the moment is quite calming and warming which is perfect for this time of year.
Ingredients
125ml Liquid Soap (organic preferably)
5 drops Clary Sage essential oil
10 drops Lavender essential oil
25 drops sandalwood essential oil
*You can add a few drops of Jojoba or sweet almond oil if you have particularly dry hands.
Lavender has antiseptic and skin calming qualities which makes it a great soap ingredient. It’s not the dominant scent in this blend since it’s in lesser quantities than the sandalwood. The Clary Sage adds a warm, winter citrus punch – it’s also a great mood lifter.
All you have to do is mix the oils into the soap and store it in a pump bottle. You could also get a little creative with the packaging.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search