Put to the Test – Olay 7 Effects Wake Up Wonder

I was perusing the Olay section in my local Boots  a while back and I was approached by a lovely sales lady who tried to coerce me into buying the new Olay 7 Effects Sensitive SPF15. I politely listened to the sales pitch and allowed her to demonstrate the smoothness of said magical product on the back of my hand. I then pointed to the oily mess that has become my chin and asked how well it would work for me. I was swiftly ushered to a counter that housed Olay 7 Effects Wake Up Wonder. Apparently this is the product for those of us with combination skin. It was reduced to €10 (from €16 I think) so I tossed a box in my already bulging shopping basket while my Mum bought herself the sensitive product.


According to the box Wake Up Wonder works in the following ways:
  1. Line minimisation: Helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
  2. Hydration: For a health radiant glow.
  3. Firming: Hydrates for firmer skin appearance.
  4. Dullness: Improves skin surface dullness.
  5. Exfoliation: Smoothes and evens skin texture.
  6. Pore appearance: Helps minimise the appearance of pores.
  7. Antioxidant: Helps to prevent free radical damage to skin’s surface layers.
Does it work?
That’s a bit of a tall order but for the most part, it works. It most definitely makes fine lines look less, even if it is just an illusion. I wonder if it would do anything for wrinkles though, since they’re deeper than lines and harder to disguise – I’m not in a position to test that one out yet :) Hydration wise, my skin stayed moisturised all day without any richness or heaviness. My dry bits didn’t look chapped as the day went on and my oily bits weren’t out of control. My skin did also feel a little firmer, but nothing to write home about – bear in mind that I’m still in my 20′s. I would say I saw the most improvement in dullness. Pregnancy hormones have left me with a beautiful ashen complexion and Wake Up Wonder seriously helps in this department. It gives the skin a soft focus glow that counteracts knackered grey looking skin (video coming on this soon). My skin also felt really smooth after 2 weeks of use and the  soft-focus glow I mentioned does seem to make pores less noticeable – again, an illusion, don’t be fooled into thinking it’s altering your skin somehow. I should also point out that this hasn’t caused a breakout either. ( I have been using my usual spot fighting arsenal too).
Would I buy again?
Yes. It’s by no means a life changer but it works for my skin type and it’s affordable. ‘Nuff said :)
A note on Olay 7 Effects Sensitive SPF15 – My mum loves it. She finds it moisturising and calming on her skin. She’s quite dry so uses this in the morning and a rich cream at night. She said she would definitely re-purchase.
Have you tried any of these?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search