Remove product build-up from your hair


If you are a hair product junkie like me you are familiar with the downside to this addiction – Build-up. It makes your hair look dull and lifeless. You can use a clarifying shampoo to sort out the problem but if you have colour treated hair I wouldn’t recommend this.
One of the quickest ways to remove product build-up from the hair naturally is to use Baking Soda. A baking soda hair wash cleans out the excess product, remove impurities, and cleanses your hair naturally.
All you have to do is put two tablespoons of baking soda into a cupful of warm water. Mix with a fork until the mixture resembles  a paste. Then apply the paste to damp hair. Massage and ensure even distribution. I wash it out immediately after massaging it in.
It feels weird  at first, especially when you are used to suddy shampoo. It feels a little gritty, exactly what you expect from putting baking powder in your hair I suspect :)
Take your time when rinsing to make sure the baking soda is completely washed out of your hair. You want to avoid any residue. You don’t have to follow with shampoo and conditioner as your hair should feel squeaky clean. That being said, I usually do. I’m not entirely sure what -probably because I’m a slave to routine.
Hair products work so much better after some clarification so I like to do this once a month to clear gunk out of my hair. Some people use baking soda as a shampoo. Personally I wouldn’t go that far but I’m happy with the effects once a month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search