Make your own hot oil hair treatment

I’m on a mission to look after my hair. As you know I had the 12 week blow-dry a few weeks ago so I need to keep any type of sodium away from my hair. That means using organic haircare or making my own. I have limited access to ingredients here in the Canaries but I do have a few essential oils and some olive oil.
I have it on good authority (the professional kind) that this DIY hot oil treatment will do the same for your hair as a salon treatment so off I go, let the mission continue.
All I used was…
  • 40 ml Olive oil
  • 8 drops of sandalwood essential oil
This treatment is great for dry, colour treated, frizzy, course, unmanageable or permed hair. My hair is quite brittle so I’m onboard with this one.
I warmed the olive oil gently in a saucepan until it is warm. I then added the sandalwood and stirred. I covered my dry hair in the oil and combed it through in sections, root to tip. I also massaged some of the oil into my scalp. I marched around the villa with my hair wrapped in a huge towel for about 20 minutes, glass of wine in one hand, bar of chocolate in the other. I then shampooed twice with my shampoo and conditioned as normal.
The results were better than I expected. My hair is smooth and feels silky. The ends of my hair look much better. I will never buy a hot oil, chemical laden treatment again. No more laziness Amy!
I highly recommend this treatment. It’s well worth it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search