Lippy by Butter London Primrose Hill – Review & Pics June 5, 2012


Butter London make gorgeous nail polishes, this we know. But I hadn’t heard anything of their Lippy’s until one arrived through my door a few weeks back. It’s in Primrose Hill Picnic, what a whimsical name. It’s a bright pink and I’m just in love with it!

Before I get to the review I’ll add some swatches and show you what it looks like on my mug. The great thing about this Lippy is that it can be worn in its intense form or a little lighter. I photographed both.
Lighter…

Intense…

I applied two layers for the intense look. Now I have I have heard it said that there is no point in a lip only picture when swatching lip products, that you want to see what it looks like with the rest of the makeup. Here goes…

Now on with the review.
Texture Lippy’s remind me a lot of the Lip Tars from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. It is thick and well, tar like. This means it adheres very well to the lips. This isn’t one of those sheer, smoosh it on over everything glosses. You need a mirror to apply since the colour is intense and you want to keep it within the lip line.
Pigmentation Amazing. ‘Nuff said.
Finish It looks like you have gone to the bother of applying both lipstick and lipgloss but you haven’t. It looks creamy, opaque and glossy. It’s more lipsticky than lip gloss if you know what I mean.
Staying Power I have found this to be the most long lasting gloss I’ve come across. I would put this down to the texture – which you will either love or hate. It will be reliable on a night out or special event, for a gloss.
Price and where to buy €17 from here. Well worth the price tag in my opinion! Top notch stuff. Butter London is also on sale in Avoca or Fran and Jane.
Love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search