How to do your own Pedicure


As part of my resolution to relax more, today I am giving myself a DIY Pedicure.I am very impatient when it comes to waiting for polish to dry. Very often I can’t sit long enough and I end up ruining it before it has set. To combat this I like to light some candles and have a cup of tea whilst my polish dries.

What you need:
  • Basin of warm water with a few drops of essential oil
  • Towel
  • Nail polish remover
  • Nail buffing block
  • Foam toe separators
  • Cotton Wool Pads
  • Nail File
  • Orangewood Stick / Cuticle Pusher
  • Nailbrush
  • Exfolianting scrub
  • Cuticle removing cream/oil
  • Foot cream
  • Tweezers
  • Base coat
  • Top coat
  • Nail polish
Steps
  • Soak your feet in warm water with essential oil for about 3 minutes. I like using Lavender Oil for relaxation or Peppermint Oil if you fancy tingly fresh feet.
  • Remove feet and rub some exfoliating scrub (or sea salt) to your feet and scrub away dead skin. Rinse feet thoroughly
  • Use a nailbrush to clean under nails and pat dry your feet.
  • Take an orange stick while your cuticles are soft and gently push them back.
  • Take the nail file and file your nails into the shape you like. Remember to file in one direction, not back and forth, working from the side of the nail to middle of nail tip and down to the other side.
  • Apply Foot cream to your exfoliated feet. Take the soft towel and rub off any excess cream from the toenails before you apply polish.
  • Pluck any hairs.
  • Put foam toe separators on your feet.
  • Apply base coat, two coats of colour and then topcoat. Wait at least 2-3 minutes between coats.
Hello beautifully groomed feet! Best of all, there are no salon bills.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search